What to do after accepting Jesus – Next Steps after becoming a Christian, i.e. Next steps after accepting Jesus Christ into your heart
Hello Friends! Yesterday, we talked about How to become a Christian.
Join us today as we explore What to do after accepting Jesus Christ into your heart and your life, i.e. Next Steps after becoming a Christian. These 7 steps are taken from Page 4 of the detailed presentation: Getting to know God.
Follow up your decision to follow Christ with the following:
1. Make Jesus Your Priority: Regularly spend time talking (praying) to God and reading your Bible every day. Pray for wisdom and understanding as you read, and ask God to show you how to please him and be more like him. Remember Jesus is your new best friend – please keep in touch!
You might like to Get Daily Bible Verses Sent to Your Email or Phone (Includes Free Inspirational Daily Devotions).
Related: Bible Verses about Understanding the Bible
OR/& => Our Daily Bread is another daily devotional I highly recommend. It is available for free by mail, email, online or on your mobile device.
2. Connect with a local church where you can fellowship with other believers, worship God, and by God’s grace get to know God more. Tell someone else that you have accepted Jesus into your life.
3. Seek out a small group of fellow Christians you can hang out with regularly. Most churches will have small groups, life groups, cell groups or Bible Study groups – find one that you can join. It could also be outside the church, for instance you may decide to regularly fellowship with a few of your Christian friends. These people will support you, encourage you, and will answer any questions you might have. And you will by God’s grace have a lot of fun in the process!
4. It would be wonderful to find an Accountability Partner. Pray for God to show you the right person. A fellow Christian Friend or Mentor you trust and can open up to, who would encourage you as well as lovingly challenge you if you are going the wrong way. Read more about Accountability here.
5. Get Baptized – Any Christian/Follower of Jesus can Baptize you.
6. Trusting God: Rely on God to show you how to live every day. You have now begun a relationship with God and you are an ambassador for Christ. Don’t forget to live accordingly. God will show you how to continually live in a way that will glorify him. The more you get to know God, the more in love with him you will become! More: We are representatives of God; Honoring God, Glorifying God
7. Please, don’t forget to share your faith with others – with God’s help and by His grace! Let us spread the good news as followers of Jesus Christ, as we are commissioned to do! Ask God to help you to be an ambassador of Jesus Christ everywhere you go – even in your everyday life, in all you say and do.
More: Telling others about Jesus; Assurance Of Salvation; Entering God’s Presence; Spiritual Growth
If you accepted Jesus in your life today, please let me know. I will be delighted to hear from you, and will be honored to encourage you as we all grow in our walk with God.
If you have any questions at all, please feel very free to let me know.
Final Thoughts, Verses, Prayers:
Numbers 6: 24 -26, NKJV The LORD bless you and keep you; The LORD make His face shine upon you, And be gracious to you; The LORD lift up His countenance upon you, And give you peace.
Jude 1:24, NLT Now all glory to God, who is able to keep you from falling away and will bring you with great joy into his glorious presence without a single fault.
See also: May God bless and keep you always; My Prayer for you today; Prayers to Encourage You
Thanks for reading, Dear Friends!
Have a wonderfully blessed, stress-free, productive, and joyful day!
Much Love & Blessings,
Bomi Jolly ~ JollyNotes.com
Get Daily Bible Verses Email - Free Inspirational Daily Devotional
(Inspirational Bible Verses & Quotes; Inspirational Scriptures, Passages, Bible Scriptures)