4. Make & Work Towards Goals That Challenge & Excite You. Strive for long term goals or dreams that get you going and give you something to look forward to. Goals that will challenge you and excite you, taking concerted thoughts, time and effort to accomplish. Something that will motivate you towards improving yourself, and that you can take pride and joy in.
What do you want out of life? Do you like your current lifestyle? Are there things you would change? What makes you truly happy? How would you like to affect others? Think about it and pursue your dreams, but remember not to neglect important aspects of your life while pursuing those dreams – always try to find the right balance. Then work towards reaching your goals, one step at a time.
5. Don’t Forget The Source of Your Joy. Don’t forget that God is the ultimate source of your joy. Don’t make anything or anyone else the source of your joy, otherwise when that thing or person goes away your joy goes with it/them. It’s also very helpful to diversify your interests and activities so one thing does not consume all of your attention and focus.
It is healthy to have a few things going on in your lives at once. For instance a career, a relationship, a hobby, an exercise routine, volunteering, time with friends, fellowship, time to learn new things, etc. But don’t forget that God is our ultimate source. “You have made known to me the ways of life; You will make me full of joy in Your presence.” (Acts 2:28 – NKJV)
Come to the Throne of Grace with Boldness, Confidence & Expectation
6. Put a Smile On Someone’s Face. Do something to make others happy and you will reap the benefits by feeling great too. “And remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.” (Acts 20:35 – NKJV). People that are ready to give and give tend to be a lot happier than people that are inconsiderate and selfish. Put a smile on someone’s face. Making other people happy – whether they are strangers or people we care deeply about, can have such an amazing effect on us.
Bible Verses about Reaching Out
7. Take Time To Be Sad When You Need To Be Sad. Please remember that there is “a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance..” (Ecclesiastes 3:4 -KJV) We can’t be happy all of the time. There are sometimes when we just need to go through certain “down times” – e.g. time to grieve, time to cry, time to heal, or time to express anger, disappointment or whatever “not so happy” emotions we are feeling, however we are able.
Life happens. Obstacles & disappointments will sometimes get in our way. Things will seem to come from nowhere. It is all a part of life and it is certainly very healthy to express those emotions (and act constructively on them) when the need arises.
If we don’t give our emotions a healthy outlet when we should, we are in danger of “blowing up” somewhere down the line. But the hope and prayer is that overall, we will be joyful in life, always learning valuable lessons when we are up and also when we have setbacks. Our hope, joy and strength comes from God after all, and “because He lives, we can face tomorrow”!
8. Forgive Others & Forgive Yourself. Don’t allow yourself to be overcome by anger, hurt, grudges and revenge against people, life or God. When you release others and let them go, you release yourself to live life to the fullest as well. Accept people’s apologies, even when they are not packaged exactly the way you hoped. Forgive. Move on. Forgive yourself too. Nobody is perfect, we all make mistakes. Learn from your mistakes and move on instead of dwelling on them. Life is simply too short.
Bible Verses about Forgiveness, Forgiving Others, Forgiving Yourself
9. Develop Healthy Relationships. A basic need we all have as human beings is to have someone who loves and cares for us. Choose your friends very carefully. If your friends are treating you badly, have a bad influence on you or just constantly stress you out, then please, pray for and work towards finding friends that will have a good influence on you and also care about you. And make sure you are being a good friend too!
Good Bible Verses about Friends & Friendships
Bible Verses about Letting go of a Relationship
You may need to look elsewhere and go out of your comfort zone to meet new people. One great way to meet people is by getting involved in activities that reflect who you are. Ensure any relationship you are involved in – family, romantic or otherwise, is a healthy one.
*Continued on the next page, please scroll down to navigate to the next page.How To Accept Jesus Into Your Heart
Want To Help?
Get Daily Bible Verses Email - Free Inspirational Daily Devotional
(Inspirational Bible Verses & Quotes; Inspirational Scriptures, Passages, Bible Scriptures)