GO RIGHT AWAY!!!

Our boys both experienced major milestones this past fall – Our 5 year old started kindergarten, and our 3 year old little guy started preschool :). Trusting God to continue to lead, guide and bless them as they learn and grow each day. We are very thankful that their transition has been such a positive experience. But one thing we had to contend with was my 5 year old’s bathroom habits while at school :|.

To give you a little background – My 5 year old takes after my mum and my maternal grandpa in that they are all extremely clean. I am always so tickled to see his face squeezed up when something disgusts him – for instance, asking him to pick up dirty tissue and throw it away lol. I saw that same look sooo many times on my mum and my grandpa growing up! lol. Like his grandma and his great grandpa, my little guy can be very particular about what he touches, what he eats or drinks …and yep, where he uses the bathroom. His preference is to always use the bathroom at home, or another familiar place. He prefers not to have to share the bathroom with too many people – not necessarily because the bathroom is dirty, just because he’d rather not. He can also be shy sometimes :)… so to cut a long story short, I soon discovered that he was avoiding using the bathroom while he was at school! It became obvious when on several days, after we arrived home, he would practically race to the bathroom to do his business – sometimes not even having enough time to take his jacket off.

It was a little puzzling because we never had this issue while he attended preschool. But then, his preschool was a much smaller class. I then discovered that because of his habit of holding it in while at school, his poop would come out really big when he eventually made it to the bathroom at home, on the days he needed to do a #2. And that was certainly no fun for him :(!

So we talked to him, encouraging him to use the bathroom in school whenever he needed to. I explained the reason behind his bigger than usual and consequently painful poops – it was because he was holding it all in while he was at school. He learned that it’s never a good idea to hold it in; it’s never a good idea to wait! When you wait, your poop doesn’t go away – it often just keeps getting bigger and bigger. And when you eventually have to go, it’s no fun at all – it can be very painful! And we learned that the other unfortunate danger of waiting is – If you keep holding it in until you are in a comfortable environment, then you are taking a huge risk of being an accident waiting to happen! How comfortable will you feel if you find that you suddenly can’t hold it in any longer, and you poop or pee on your underwear? To avoid all of the unpleasant consequences of holding it in, the best thing to do when you need to use the bathroom is: GO RIGHT AWAY!!! “I’ve learned my lesson”, my little guy said to me after our last big talk. So kids, what do when we need to use the bathroom? “Go right away!!!” we all shouted, laughing.

So I started asking him at drop off time, before he ran off with his backpack on: What do we do when we need to use the bathroom? And he would smile, with his 20 little teeth shining, and shout along with his brother – “GO RIGHT AWAY”!!! Thankfully, now he no longer waits till he gets home to use the bathroom. Yay :D! But hearing my boys yell “Go right away” whenever I ask them that big question always reminds me of how to handle my business too!

This whole situation made me think of how we will sometimes not act on or deal with issues that should be dealt with, maybe because we are not comfortable doing what needs to be done, or we are shy, embarrassed, angry, or whatever. We keep “holding it in” and we don’t deal with it. But of course, these issues don’t go away. They will keep getting bigger and bigger, and likely become more painful to address the longer we wait. Another unfortunate danger of waiting – like we discussed earlier, is that we might actually lose control of the situation one day and have it all blow up! And finally, holding stuff in – whether poop or issues, can affect our health negatively (Thanks Toyin for this reminder)! Holding it in is just never a good idea.

So I wanted to share this friendly reminder with you as well as myself :). If there’s something, anything, that you need to deal with, please pray, ask God for wisdom, strength, help and direction, and please, GO!

Do you:

Need to right a wrong? GO RIGHT AWAY!
Need to forgive someone? GO RIGHT AWAY!
Need to end a toxic relationship? GO RIGHT AWAY!
Need to ask for someone’s forgiveness? GO RIGHT AWAY!
Need to confess something you’ve done? GO RIGHT AWAY!
Need to break hold of a sin or an addiction nobody else knows about? GO RIGHT AWAY!
Need to make amends one way or another, even if it’s “no big deal”? GO RIGHT AWAY!

Please, don’t wait – GO! Don’t hold it in. Don’t be tempted to wait, even if it seems like you have things under control now. Better to endure a little embarrassment or discomfort now, that to have a huge mess later down the road. If you need help dealing with the issue – then please, seek help through any appropriate means. Whether from a professional counselor, your pastor, or a trusted brother or sister; but definitely seek help if that’s what you need to do. Don’t just ignore the problem and hold it in! The “poop” will certainly not stay in there forever – it has to come out one day….and the longer we wait, the more likely it’s going to be painful, or be a big mess!

Please, let’s take God and His word seriously. Let’s walk in obedience, and GO RIGHT AWAY! I know that God, our Father, will always speak to each of us concerning whatever we need to address, whatever we need to “GO RIGHT AWAY” to do…at every point in our lives. And He won’t stop there. He will give us the strength, wisdom and the grace to do it right. Amen.

There are tons of useful scriptures that talk about this topic in the Bible, but here is the scripture that kept coming to mind as I prepared to write this note:

Matthew 5:23-24
“Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother or sister has something against you, leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to them; then come and offer your gift.” (NIV)

We probably all know the dangers of harboring unforgiveness or holding a grudge. But I think it is very useful to note that in this particular verse, Jesus talks about a brother or sister having something against us. There is no mention of who is at fault, or who the guilty party is. What matters is that a brother or sister has something against us, and Jesus wants us to GO! and be reconciled to them, before coming to offer a gift to God. I don’t think it gets any clearer than that :). It also reminds me of this scripture:

Romans 14:19 “Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification.” (NIV) – Amen!

Thanks a lot for taking the time to read all of this today, and I pray that as God speaks to us concerning every area of our lives, we will GO when we need to go, stay when we need to stay, and always live lives of obedience to our Father. And as one of many extra bonuses, we will by God’s grace avoid potential big messes down the line ;)!

Have a wonderful day, and May God’s peace ever dwell with you – Amen!

Much Love & Blessings,

Bomi Jolly

Inspirational Bible Verses & Quotes from JollyNotes.com

More Inspiring Goodies ~ Explore, Enjoy, & Be Blessed!
Inspirational Bible Verses    Inspirational Bible Stories
Christian Quotes    Inspirational Quotes
Inspirational Bible Verses & Quotes from JollyNotes.com
59 Responses to GO RIGHT AWAY!!!
  1. Paula
    April 5, 2011 | 10:44 AM

Hi Bomi Jolly, Thank You so much for your great story about your little one. This made me smile & also was a great blessing for a decision I had to make today. God Bless You! Sincerely, Paula
    P.S. Would love to have a discussion about new age healings & your thoughts on this. Thanks again!

2. Randoll O. Burrell Jr
    April 5, 2011 | 10:49 AM

This was another meaningful message sis i thank God when He allows us access thru some things that we can really relate to Thank God For His Word & for using you sis to give it Amen
    TGBTG

3. Lola
    April 5, 2011 | 11:17 AM

Ah, on point as usual Bomi, what a simple way to describe procastination, a stitch in time saves nine indeed, i am glad your son has adjusted, bless him,what a valuable lesson.well…am going to do somethings right away.Thanks Bomi

4. Bomi Jolly
    April 5, 2011 | 11:22 AM

@Paula – Thank you very much for taking the time to read it as well :)! I’m so glad this ministered to you by making you smile as well as helping with the decision you had to make. Thanks for taking the time to share, I appreciate it! God bless you too, always! Thank you Paula. Will keep your comment re new age healing in mind. Stay blessed & in God’s love!

@Randoll – Indeed, Thank God for his word, and for granting us the opportunity to encourage and share with each other, from far and near. It’s definitely a huge blessing, not to be taken for granted. Praise God. And thanks again for teaching me the meaning of TGBTG ;)! Yes – To God be the glory indeed :D! Thank you very much bro.

@ Lola – Thanks so much Lola, I couldn’t agree more – May we always remember, and push procrastination hard out the window lol! Thanks a lot Lola :). Very glad to hear you found this valuable. Praise God! Yes and Amen – May God be with you as you GO! God bless you.

5. shade
    April 5, 2011 | 11:25 AM

Hey Bomi,
    Thanks alot for this message, it really came at the right time for me. I have been thinking a lot lately about GOING RIGHT AWAY with some issues i have and this just proved that i need to address them right away. Your analogy with your son made perfect sense of how we sometimes hold stuff in.
    Thanks again.

6. Olaoluwatomi
    April 5, 2011 | 11:28 AM

Lovely dear! Its always so amazing how the things you go through become such a profound message the believer can learn so much from. It reminds me of the Parables of Jesus. Thank you for sharing again!

7. kehinde
    April 5, 2011 | 11:30 AM

Thanks. right on point

8. Bomi Jolly
    April 5, 2011 | 11:37 AM

@Shade – Thank you very much Shade! Thank you for reading, for sharing, and for GOING RIGHT AWAY :)! Very glad to hear this helped. Stay blessed, Stay in God’s care, and Thanks again:)!

@ Olaoluwatomi – Woow you should see the big toothy smile on my face right now :D! I think that is the best compliment anyone could ever give me – that something I say or do reminds them of Jesus – THANK YOU, I am sooooo glad to hear that, and so thankful to God for the opportunity :D! I pray that we will all remind people of Jesus/Draw others closer to God…every day, in every way, in all that we do…AMEN. Thank you again dear Tomi :)!

@Kehinde – Thank you Thank you Thank you :)! God bless you much much!!!

9. Oluwatoyin
    April 5, 2011 | 11:41 AM

This is a particularly interesting piece and so educative too, cos holding stuffs in could cause ill-health too…
    God has blessed you with insights and inspiration,
    I pray you’d continually be thus blessed in Jesus name. Thank you, cos there are some stuff I’d go do right away.
    As for your boys, they are a blessing to many, I hope you realise that. Wa jere won loruko Jesu. The many lessons you are using their life to teach will never leave them also in Jesus name, Amen.

10. Ifeoluwapo
    April 5, 2011 | 11:43 AM

On point as usual. Its JIT.

Many thanks B.

11. Jaycee (E.A)
    April 5, 2011 | 12:26 PM

The more we wait, the more it becomes difficult to make it right. Loved the lesson from “poop.” Lol. I really enjoy reading the lessons you come up with from your kids.

12. Bomi Jolly
    April 5, 2011 | 12:59 PM

@ Oluwatoyin – YES! How could I forget about that. Not only can holding stuff in lead to pain, discomfort and a potential big mess, like you have reminded us, it can also affect our health negatively! Thanks so much for that useful reminder. It’s just never a good idea to hold it in, it’s bad news all around! I have to try to add it to this note :). Thank you again! & Thanks so so much for your very kind and thoughtful comments, prayers and wishes. AMIN Jesu, Amin Amin Amin o! Amen and Amen to all your prayers. I receive them very heartily THANK YOU very much sis! I pray the same for you and indeed for everyone reading! God bless you always :)!

@ Ifeoluwapo – I’m very pleased to hear this was timely and right “on point” for you :)! Praise God. Many thanks to you, Ife! Stay blessed in His love! & Thanks again.

@Jaycee – LOL… Thanks a lot Jaycee! I remember when the kids were much younger, we seemed to deal with poop ALL the time lol! When my 5 year old was barely 2 and my 3 year old was a brand new baby, we changed poopie diapers all day long LOL! So many valuable lessons to learn from poop lol! But seriously, Thank you very much Jaycee. Much appreciated :)! God bless.

13. Anonymous
    April 5, 2011 | 1:17 PM

Nice piece Bomi. I have a friend who tries to keep her kids from using public restrooms even when they are so pressed. One day I told her her 3 year old would make a big mess that wld be beyond her. When we take the kids out, her daughter comes right after my girl to use the bathroom without even asking her….lol!

Yeah, the message is very clear and profound. Most times wee are unwilling to “GO RIGHT AWAY”, and we find out that even years later, the issues we fail to address comes up in our minds. There’s always this awesome relief that comes from addressing some of the issues we face……

Thanks for sharing dear!

14. Mayo
    April 5, 2011 | 1:18 PM

Thanks for sharing dear!

15. Anonymous
    April 5, 2011 | 1:33 PM

Bomiiiiiiiiiiii. Nice one….. Luv u and the boys…..

16. Anahid
    April 5, 2011 | 1:51 PM

Great message! It’s so true that we need to deal with things right away instead of letting them get bigger. I used to hold things in until one day I just blew up on a friend…definitely NOT a good thing. Since then I’ve learned to deal with things as they come.

17. Bomi Jolly
    April 5, 2011 | 2:29 PM

@Mayo – LOL! I don’t blame the little girl… “when you gotta go, you gotta go”! lol! Yes, absolutely – these things still linger and linger when we don’t address them. Thanks so much dear Mayo, for taking the time to read and share as well! God bless you, and when you see your 3 year old little friend, please give her a big hug for me! I chuckled when I read about how she would quickly go right after your little girl when she needed to use the bathroom in a public place :)!

@Anonymous – lol :D! Thank you very very much :)! Much love to you and all of yours! Thank you!

@Anahid – Perfect example of having stuff blow up – waiting until we blow up on our friends and loved ones before taking the time to address issues – like you said, that’s definitely NOT a good thing! May we all always remember to deal with things as they come, by God’s grace and with wisdom. Thank you very much Anahid :)!

18. PPP
    April 5, 2011 | 3:50 PM

Good work, it’s a pleasure to read your interesting articles. Waiting for more….

19. Oyinda
    April 5, 2011 | 4:42 PM

You have done it again babe! Thanks very much, this really blessed me. God bless you real good!

20. Nike
    April 5, 2011 | 8:03 PM

Bomi dear,God bless you.this is inspiring. I’m just going to GO RIGHT AWAY with some issues.thank you.more wisdom.

21. Bomi Jolly
    April 5, 2011 | 8:32 PM

@PPP – Thank you very much for your encouraging words, PPP! Glad to hear you have enjoyed reading. More to come, by God’s grace ;)! Thanks!

@Oyinda – Praise God , Praise God, Praise God :)! Doing my happy dance :D lol! Very thankful to hear this was a blessing – Praise God! God bless you too, always :)!

@Nike – Dear Nike, Thank God, and Thank you for reading, for sharing, and for GOING RIGHT AWAY! May God go before you, be with you, and surround you from all sides. May his peace, guidance and presence ever be with you. Amen. Thank you very much Nike :)!

22. HexyDre
    April 5, 2011 | 9:20 PM

Thanks again for sharing. Message on point.
    Its always amazing how you weave these simple but great lessons from your interesting experiences. God bless you.

23. Titi
    April 6, 2011 | 2:54 AM

As usual Bomi, another inspiring note that never fails to touch the heart, thanks for this push, Lately I have been so unwilling to leave my comfort zone, but your note has given me the right push.

May God keep you and your family and give you more knowledge to continue to inspire people.

24. Gwen
    April 6, 2011 | 4:46 AM

I’m going to ‘GO RIGHT AWAY’. Thanx for the meaningful teaching.

25. Bomi Jolly
    April 6, 2011 | 6:35 AM

@HexyDre – The one and only HexyDre! I love that name so, lol ;)! Thank you very much HexyDre! God bless you too, always. Thank God… and Thank you very much for sharing!

@Titi – Very thankful to hear that you have found this useful, Titi! To God be the glory, the honor, the power…Amen! Thank you very much Titi for taking the time to read and share, and thank you for your very thoughtful prayers too – Amen, Amen and Amen! Amen. May God continue to keep us all, and use us all for his glory. Amen. God bless you :)!

@Gwen – Yay :D! God bless you and be with you every step of the way as you GO!, Amen. Thank you very much Gwen! Stay blessed in His love.

26. OYELEKE Mary Oluwadunsin
    April 6, 2011 | 9:54 AM

Thanks so much!
    I’m blessed reading this as usual.
    I’ll Go right away, & fix things up!.lol.

27. passat
    April 6, 2011 | 12:09 PM

Hey Mz jolly,

You’ve done it once again. Nice piece and a blessing again

28. Unyime-Ivy King
    April 6, 2011 | 12:37 PM

Nice one Bomi-well written. When we don’t address issues right away, in relationships for instance, one day we may find ourselves exploding over a seemingly trivial situation, surprising your partner/friend, and others at the intensity of your outburst. Little would they know, that it is a build up of things you have harboured within for a long times. Thanks for this clear, and inspirational piece. I will also learn to ‘go right away’ in my relationships, and other areas of my life. Thanks.

29. Bomi Jolly
    April 6, 2011 | 8:15 PM

@Mary – Yipeee :D! Thank you very much, & I thank God for making this a blessing to you. May God be with you as you GO RIGHT AWAY, amen. Thanks again Mary – God bless you:)!

@Passat – Thank God, Thank God, Thank God :D! I keep singing in my head, humming on the outside – “He has done it again, He has done it again” with this particular tune… but I don’t know if I’m using the tune to another song or if I actually remember this tune and these words from a song I learned growing up lol! Ah. Anyway, the Bible says to “sing a new song unto the Lord” so it’s ok if I made it up, right ;)! lol! Thank you very much Passat :). Stay blessed & in God’s love!

@Unyime-Ivy: YES. Yes. Yes. It is an unfortunately all too common occurrence in relationships of different kinds, yet it is certainly avoidable. Thank you for the reminder, Ivy. May we always remember to GO RIGHT AWAY, and always in His wisdom, strength, and direction. Amen. Thanks a lot Ivy! God bless you always :)!

30. kinkimo
    April 6, 2011 | 11:59 PM

Is it really true dat d poop gets bigger wen we don’t GO RIGHT AWAY?? Or is it jst a smart way of making us GO RIGHT AWAY!! I tink am also guilty of this.. Am not in the habit of GOin RIGHT AWAY bt after reading this piece,am goin to cultivate the habit of GOin RIGHT AWAY!!!

31. Omoregee
    April 7, 2011 | 11:08 AM

Wow! The lesson in this is profound, more so for me. I am a big victim of procrastination…..its like a disease.

I hope I can remember this lesson each time I am about to procrastinate. My mom keeps hammering it n says its something she HATEs about me…yea, she used that word. Maybe, ur 5-year old would do the trick……great guy! I av a niece btw……lol.

Tx for sharing ma. I am blessed.

32. Tolulope
    April 7, 2011 | 3:49 PM

This is so wonderful, issues of life are like poop, really , one try so much to hold it in , even when it is threatening to burst out , we feeble try to tell people all is well when it is not. am so blessed by this , there are stuff I dare not tell people about me but are eating me away, I say now RIGHT AWAY.
    p.s: Check my new post , you are mentioned.

33. Bomi Jolly
    April 7, 2011 | 7:32 PM

@Kinkimo – lol! trust me, it’s true!! it really is true. If you hold poop in long enough, it will likely get much bigger. One of the side effects of holding it in is constipation. It’s a vicious cycle. Thanks a lot Kinkimo, I am so glad to hear that you will start GOING RIGHT AWAY May we always remember. I know God will be with us all as we come, and as we go. Thanks K, God bless :)!

@Omoregee – lol about your mom. I don’t know what she looks like but I could just imagine that scene as you described it. ah…procrastination. lol about your niece! nice one… I look forward to meeting her :)! But seriously, thanks a lot Omoregee. I am very pleased to hear this was a blessing. Thank God! Stay blessed…

@Tolulope – Thanks so much Tolu. May we continually develop the confidence, strength and wisdom we have in Christ to do what needs to be done, at the right time. It’s not always easy, thank God for God. Thank you for letting me know about your new post. I will be sure to check it out. Have a very blessed day Tolu. Thanks :)

34. yemisi adekuoye
    April 8, 2011 | 12:56 AM

as usual, Bomi, on point!! i love it when i see you have written something new as i know i will have some inspiration to carry me further!!

35. TRS.
    April 8, 2011 | 5:15 AM

Your site is incredible, can’t wait for more updates

36. maidofheart
    April 9, 2011 | 4:30 PM

You know this is so profound and cuts real deep. It’s so true that keeping ‘poop’ inside not only causes consti… but also ill health just as harboring ills inside cause both physical and spiritual ill health. Wow, must have been a major lesson for your son as it is for me reading this.

I need to GO RIGHT AWAY, DO IT NOW and LET IT GO. Healing and restoration comes thereafter.

And I have been blessed by this message. Thank you, Bomi. God bless you real good.

37. Bomi Jolly
    April 10, 2011 | 9:54 AM

@Yemisi – aww thank you so much, so glad to hear that! Sending mega hugs your wayxxx thank you sis!
    @TRS – Thank you very much TRS, I’m vry thankful to hear that JollyNotes.com has been a positive experience for you! Next update coming before you know it:)! Thanks again.
    @Maid of Heart – Absolutely, I could not agree more! And like you have said – “Healing and restoration comes thereafter.”! Thanks maid of heart – May we never stop learning! God bless!

38. Lola
    April 11, 2011 | 6:01 AM

Thank you my sister for this timeless piece…The Lord is using your words to touch lives much more than your mind can comprehend or imagine…You have touched mine. God bless you!

39. LD
    April 14, 2011 | 2:59 AM

Ooooh Bomi…How do you come up with these wonderful lessons through your interactions with your kids? You are so blessed. Same with your precious kids. Lots of hugs from this end to you all.

40. Idowu Oluwatosin
    April 14, 2011 | 1:14 PM

Well done Sister…you are a blessing to this generation.

41. Bomi Jolly
    April 16, 2011 | 9:59 AM

@Lola, LD, Idowu
    Thanks so much, Amen, Amen and Amen to your prayers and declarations! Thank you very much for your encouraging words, May we all continually glorify God in everything we say and do, May we continually encourage and strengthen each other! Thank you & God bless you much much! :)!

42. Femi
    April 18, 2011 | 4:08 PM

Love it Sister Bomi!

43. bingkaycoy
    April 19, 2011 | 11:09 AM

This is always the message /teaching that I take heart whenever being confronted with difficult people. I had learned how to forgive in a very hard way but now I can say that I can easily forgive. The mere words of Jesus saying to me “Forgive and you shall be forgiven” is the most awe-striking message He had ever voiced out to me.

If you regularly drop by at my blog, you can see a similar post which I wrote a week ago complete with pictures. I hope you drop by and drop me some of your thoughts.

44. Kit
    May 7, 2011 | 2:08 PM

I have added JollyNotes.com to my favorites, good work

45. Bomi Jolly
    May 11, 2011 | 10:06 AM

@Femi – Thank you :)! Love you:)!
    @Bingkay – Thanks so much for taking the time to share! I pray we never forget how to forgive – this is an essential part of any successful relationship. Thanks so much Bingkay, I will by God’s grace check it out…Stay blessed!
    @Kit – Thanks a lot! God bless=)

46. Kristy
    May 13, 2011 | 8:58 AM

Thanks for being an inspiration always God Bless.!!!

47. TOYIN
    May 23, 2011 | 11:54 AM

Its been a while and I’ve been thinking about Jolly Notes…if I had ‘gone right away’ ‘I’d have had this message sooner! thanks for this message. its a blessing as always! My love to ‘our 2 boys’ and its a pleasure I can actually picture them saying ‘Go right away’! Amen dear!

48. XJohn
    May 31, 2011 | 2:20 AM

This is just what i need! Thanks!

49. Bomi Jolly
    June 18, 2011 | 4:12 PM

@Kristy – Thank you very much Kristy, God bless you too, you are always a blessing to me=)!
    @Toyin – Thank you for coming to check it out, I know how busy you’ve been! Thank you very much, Amen… !!! Much love to you and the entire fam!
    @XJohn – So glad to hear this was useful. Thanks a lot, God bless you much!

50. Ashleigh
    July 10, 2011 | 4:22 PM

Bomi – I stumbled across your site today looking for words of encouragement for my friend who was engaged and her fiance broke up with her today. She has been in tears and I hadn’t known how to comfort her. After reading one of your blogs on ‘heart break’…. I read this one, and it hit me straight in the face.

I left the UK a while ago, I left my relationship, my temporary job and I stopped my degree. I couldn’t cope and so went travelling, which was over 3 months ago. I kind of got a little too adventurous with alcohol and soft recreational drugs, men etc… I had been making all these plans about how I could recharge over the next year and THEN go back and ‘face the music’ choose a career etc… and reading your blog I realised that I need to go back home.

There are so many things I ran from and that ‘poop’ will just get bigger, no matter where in the world I go, I need to go home, rebuild a good relationship with my family, and so much more. But I now recognise clearly that waiting longer won’t help. But I feel God will help me every step of the way and I guess this is how the prodigal son felt.

Thanks Bomi.